Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: missed added age

  1. #1
    Inactive Member machinery's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2001
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i missed your added age
    pink cheeks and camera flashes

    cheesy smalltown walls
    sibling high school snaps
    down the hall,

    your family with failing citcom smiles
    surrounding you with chocolate cake
    and my you've grown's

    hair up in a summer's tail
    you're fleeting oceans looking around the room,
    your tide is out.

    myself, whom you haven't seen awhile
    won't surround what's at stake
    you're your own.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    hair up in a summer's tail
    you're fleeting oceans looking around the room,
    your tide is out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great lines there man!
    fleeting oceans.. man.. that is the most awesome way to describe eyes *if that is what you were describing*...
    I just love it!
    but as far as the "tide is out" line.. i dunno about it. I mean, i get it with the ocean referance, but.. if you are referring to someone's eyes... i dunno how they can be "out" or what not...
    But man..
    I gotta say, this peice is really - you.
    It's got the subject matter of your early works *from way back* yet the adherence to detail and craftmanship that only experiance can wield to you.
    Nice job man... thorughly impressed by this one.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sam Gowland's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eyes are supposed to be the mirror to your soul so I guess if someone can be said to have 'soul less*' eyes they can have eyes that the tides gone out from too.

    *soul less eyes - in the sense they're defeated, they don't sparkle with life/vigour any more. At some point life has taken all the enjoyment and what's left is just the empty shell of a person -they're soul less, hence 'soul less' eyes for the 'soul' can no longer be 'mirrored' there if no 'soul' exists. I guess the same can be implied if the tide is out from the eyes then life too is out - an empty shell of the former person.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ooooohhhhh good point, never really looked at it like that.. *thumbs up* all is well! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sam Gowland's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just thinking that maybes the 'tide is out' is something as simple as there are no tears in sight. when the tide(sea/water -obviously)goes out you are left with only sand(dry). Maybes it's the complete opposite to what I said before and this person is 'happy' !!!!


    lol I think I think too much.....

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Is that possible? to think too much? hahaha
    I wonder what it's like to not think at all..
    maybe machinery could tell us [img]wink.gif[/img] haha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •